Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Space Oddity

SHUT UP.

This article - and many others - imply that there will be a hurtling crash of over 100 pieces of space debris hitting the Earth on September 24.

Which is three days from now.

You want to tell me why I'm only just hearing about this now?  As if I am worried about it, which I'm not.  Oddly, and inexplicably, I'm amused.

One source said that there was a 1/3100 (ish) chance of being hit by it. Those odds are not actually that bad. Probably similar to my chance of being in a car wreck on my way to work.

What the eff, y'all? How is this even possible?

Here's what the big mess looks like BEFORE it breaks into pieces on impact with the Earth's atmosphere:


Dude, I don't want to die from it but I SO BAD TOTALLY want a piece to fall in my back yard, so I can talk about it with my friends and be famous.  You know, for a minute.  I'm such a media whore.

Wouldn't it have been much cooler if this was Major Tom?

No comments:

Post a Comment