Friday, September 30, 2011

Melancholy Music Listener Today

Remember when, back in, like, 1992, the video for Jeremy came on the tv, and you stopped and watched it, completely fascinated, and then horrified and totally freaked out?  Remember?


You know how it was totally astonishing, totally shocking, and fixating, and scary?

(I was sort of like in-training to be a teacher right then, so... yeah.)

Did you know it was sort of a true story?  Based on a story that Vedder read in a paper about a boy who really was named Jeremy in Texas, who killed himself in front of his teacher and other students? 

Bull crap.

Anyway, so I'm just jamming to the radio lately, and I'm all, "All the other kids in their pumped up kicks... better run, better run, faster than my bullet."

WHAAAA?

Catchy tune. 

Damn, kids be bugging.

Don't shoot each other, kids.  I like you all way too much.  Don't shoot yourself either, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment