Monday, April 30, 2012

Spanish Mona Lisa

So, check it.

In our town, for Cinco De Mayo, you have several options, all of which are extremely affordable.

However, my boss's people have decided that we should throw a fundraiser on that date, charging a shit-ton per head, and featuring, you know, a decent band, and some food.

So far, I think we have, like, 15 tables full.  Out of the 40 that are possible.  FUCK.  ME.

I'm not kidding, this event is a week out, and now we are trying to figure out ways to fill up the room.  I'm not kidding, the only way this will be bearable is if I drink heavily.  Before, during, and after.

I do have a hot dress.

But seriously, could you think of a more pathetic thing than throwing a party to which nobody comes?  Because that's what we are about to do.

Perhaps I am a touch more obnoxious about how much I hate this because I don't have a date, for the first time ever.  And I'm certainly glad to be single, but I'm hyper-aware of my singledom, more than usual.  Good lord.

Drink-o, for Cinco de Mayo...

No comments:

Post a Comment