Monday, March 19, 2012

Grumpomatic Grumpopotamus

I got new running shoes.  I know, that's so stupid and hipster of me to be braggin about, but Good God in Heaven, I love them, and I needed them.  Seriously.  For real.

I bought them two Saturdays ago, and I was really excited and I immediately went to the Lakefront and ran 6 miles.  Six fast-ish miles.  Because I am a beast.

These are what they look like:
Only there are TWO of them.  Because I have two feet.  As usual.

Anyway, so I ran my ass off, and I ate little GU gels the whole time (not so very yummy, those), and it rocked, and I was all WHOOOOOO.  Beast.

And then, on Sunday, when I was going to Not Run, I didn't Not Run, I ran a little bit, with a friend who is thinking perhaps she would like to Run, only, that was over a week ago now, and she hasn't done so again, so perhaps she will Not Run, too.  Regardless.

And then on Monday, I had to get a cervical biopsy.  Look, I know y'all don't want to hear about my lady inside parts, and I'm certainly not going to go into any details, but I wasn't really expecting that, thought they were just planning on taking some binoculars for a closer look, and suddenly it was three little snips of tissue that hurt like a mo fo (for a second) and me feeling pretty damned bad-ass that I did that without even lidocaine.

boom.  beast.

Anyway, and that all left me feeling pretty crappy.  Like, much crappier than I expected to, and that's a shame.  All she wants to do is dance, dance (or run, run) and I really couldn't because I felt like ass.  Sort of.  Like, tired, crampy and bitchy.

Anyway, so I didn't run all week, until Friday, and I only went like a mile and a half on Friday.  Didn't run at all on Saturday.  Sucky. 

But yesterday I killed four miles.  And then, the baby, whose Very First Race Ever is on Saturday, and I ran another mile.  So five miles.  Because I am a beast.

And I still don't feel quite right.  Extra tired, grumpy... I should hear back from the pathology this week one day, and I am pretty sure I will feel better after that.  They are obviously going to tell me that everything is fine, so there you go.

Still, running OUGHT to help get me back to my self, right?

The sunshiney one?

Because I am so very much not there...

No comments:

Post a Comment