Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little High Fiver

1.  I got an iPhone.  I know, welcome to 2006, but really, good heavens, y'all.  Why didn't you tell me how much I would love it?  Because I SO DO!  And words with friends- SarSchMye.  Make it happen.

2.  I did the first segment of getting the artist formerly known as my husband's crap packed up this weekend.  I had not realized the extent of his hoarderism, but, I shit you not, there were 75 t-shirts.  75.  That does NOT count shirts with collars or sleeves.  That is fucking ridiculous.  I'm not even going to talk about the model bicycles.

Doodlebug stole one of the light-up pictures on its way to the garage, much to my chagrin.  It's currently hanging in his room.  We're going to have to have a talk about taste, he and I.

3.  I'm running again.  A pretty good bit.  To the extent that I'm going to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in October.  I know I can do it, barring any major injuries or illness.  My Garmin Watch TOTALLY rocks, and it helps with the motivation.  Unfortunately, my shoes are SHOT and need desperately to be replaced, but I ain't got no moneys.  (My friend K's daughter calls it "moneys," and it is the cutest thing ever:  "you got moneys??"  For YOU, my love, any time!)  (also, my friend K?  Freaking amazing.  Just saying.)


 She's so flipping beautiful.  I love her a lot. 

Anyway, so once I get some moneys, I'm totally getting some new shoes.  ThanksbetoJesus, it's tax season.

4.  Doodlebug is playing soccer, now.  I'm going to go ahead and own that I laugh out loud, literally, at least once per game.  He's not exactly gifted, although it is definitely too soon to tell.  Mostly, they are like a school of fish, running from one place to another.  He is occasionally sassy to the coach, who almost but not quite sets him straight.  But I think he's having fun, and that's what matters.  Love my little Soccer Player Doodlebug.

5.  Beanie is going to prom.

I KNOW.

But it's senior year, and it's time.  I just... don't know what else to say about that.  In a month, he will be a graduate of the mandatory schooling, and I...  can't believe he's going to be leaving me soon.  NOOOOO.

Enough of that maudlin nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment