Thursday, November 3, 2011

Infrequent Updater (My bad.)

So.  You know what you don't really do?

Blog about separating from your Husband.  You just don't. 

He lives somewhere else, now.  The boys and I still live at home, at our house, and it's nice.  It's safe, it's clean.  It feels... normal.  Like, different, but normal, and still okay.  Different okay.  He says he is making progress on what ails him.  I am too.  But that's different, too.  I didn't even know that anything ailed me before.

SO.

You know what you do instead?  You do this.

1) HOLY SHITBALLS LSU V. ALABAMA ON SATURDAY OH WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS.



2)  JANETPALOOOZAAAAAAAAAAAA

Say whatever you want, this is way, way, way more meaningful to me than the game.  I have not seen Janie since, you know, TWO EASTERS AGO, so it's super awesome that she's coming, and coming she is.  She will be here on Saturday, and I cannot freaking WAIT!  BOOM.  I love me some Janie.

(In case you are new, and/or unaware, Janie is my hetero life partner, whom I met when I was 12, whom I love more than any other female on Earth - this is seriously true - and with whom I would live if she wasn't a much neater person who would eventually get tired of my sloppiness and make me move out, and probably be mad at me, and if there's one thing I can't take, it's Janie being mad at me, so I guess I will just stay in my own house.  All that being said, I never did tell her about my plans to move in with her.) (so don't you all run off and tell her.  Although I do have my own room at her house, anyway.)

So she's coming and we are going to drink drink drink, spend time together, drink, and have a ball.  Phew.  By the time she leaves, I plan to have drunk enough carbs to work myself through next week's 5K!

3) RUNNING

I'm joining a running club.  They said it's okay that I'm a slow fattie.  We'll see if they mean it.  It's trail runs, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE so maybe that will be fun.  It doesn't matter, at any rate.  The race locations are about a mile and a half from home, so I could run there, run the race, run back, and hit my 5 mile marker, which, you know, I am aiming for this weekend.  The races they sponsor are 2 miles, which is not going to get me where I need to be in terms of distance for THE LOUISIANA MARATHON (or half marathon), but it's something to kick-start my motivation...  I love running.  Running soothes my soul.  My shoes, my beautiful shoes... are worn out, which is my absolute, total delight. :)

4) MUSIC

Have I mentioned that I sing with a band?  I do.  A corny little ensemble of Sarah and four dudes, and sometimes a teenage girl or two.  Last weekend, we sang at the church's Trunk or Treat thingeemadiggy, and it was fun.  UNTIL, my brother showed up to drop off doodlebug and, in doing so, got to witness me rocking out on a cheesy electric piano to the worlds MOST CHEESE FILLED RENDITION OF GHOSTBUSTERS.  You want to know what's embarrassing?  Getting caught by one of your coolest people doing what is perhaps the least cool thing you have ever done.

Although my friend Melissa one time referred to her daughter's leotard, you know, for acrobatics class at gymnatics, to all the cool moms who have this lingo, and Mel, she said, "tard."  For real.  All the other moms call it a "leo." 

Moms can be SUCH bitches.  Including me, this story still makes me laugh.

Anyway, so that's what is new. Have a happy Wednesday, mom-bitches and anybody else.



No comments:

Post a Comment