Monday, November 14, 2011

Girlfriend to John Cusack. As per usual.

Ran a race this weekend.  It was a 5K, and I felt NOT GOOD about it, but mostly I got really asthma-y and wheezy and stuff.  I finished, though, so who cares, really.  AND everybody else that I knew either did just a 1 mile, or else they just stood around looking smug in their track suits.

I am a badass.

In other news, I guess I can tell you all that things progress, or they don't, and the only thing is this.  Do NOT tell someone they are "strong."  That is just confusing.  Either people are fooled into thinking I'm rocking this whole new world, or else I am a weenie when I lose my shit and cry and stuff. 

Strong is not what I need to hear.

You know what does help?

"Fucking courageous as balls."

"A brave little shit."

So feel free to call me either of those things, because I do think that those things apply.

In other news, once upon a time, I used to refer to John Cusack as "my boyfriend, John Cusack," so much so that I once got Valentine's Day flowers delivered to my work, signed from, "your boyfriend, John Cusack."  (that was a pretty amazing day.)

I'm thinking of taking him back.  I'll always love Lloyd Dobbler, anyway.



So, yeah... life goes on...

1 comment:

  1. I cannot call you a "little shit" of any variety, so I'll go with fucking courageous as balls. Ginormous elephant ones even.

    ReplyDelete