Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Morose Sonofabitch

Thing is, I don't really always want to talk about it.

There's problems in them thar hills, and it sucks, and I'm sad, and I'm tired and I am angry and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Nobody really wants to hear about all that anyway, so here's the thing.  The thing is this.  This here.

It doesn't really matter, anyway.

The kids still eat.

I still go to work.

Homework is attended to.

Church activities are attended.

Laundry is washed.  Folded.  Put away.

Prayers are said.

Sleep is... eventually.

So, really?  Not all that much is different.  He sleeps in the living room.  I sleep in my bed.  We occasionally nod at each other in passing.  Perhaps say hello.

But you know what still makes me smile?  Kittens doing the patty cake.

Happy Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment