Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Money-Spending Mama

I cut my hair.

I took some scissors to it, and cut away.  Took off about an inch and a half.  The reason is two-fold.  One, I stopped dying it about six months ago and it looks like hell, with this stripe across it, so I figured I could cut off some of the dyed part and get it closer to being all-one-color.  The other reason is, I'm sort of mad at my Husband, and this is a subtle way to let him know.

Aren't I a grown-up?

Ultimately, I did a pretty good job, actually.

-----
Last weekend, the local big-ass catholic school (and church) had it's annual "fall food and fun festival."  As it is in my neighborhood, it was hard for me to tell the five year old baby that it wasn't available to him, so I got suckered into taking him up there on Friday night.  Please note, this festival isn't the kind of thing with like, ring toss and "fishing" games, cake walks, and stuff like that.  This was a freaking carnival, midway, bands playing, etc.

At a church.  In my neighborhood.

The baby rode like ten rides that all consisted of some kind of vehicle/animal into which you climb, strap on a seatbelt, and then go in circles.  Sometimes you also go up and down about two feet.

He had a big time.

Mama had a beer.  God love this state, this Louisiana, this place where it is absolutely normal to sell beer at a school carnival.  It would be weirt if they did not, and oh, lordy, am I ever glad they do not wish to be weird.

Where was I?

Oh yes.  On the walk home from the festival, the baby said, "dose girls scweam weawy woud.  It sounds wike this:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

He's right.  They do.  It does.  I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment