Monday, November 25, 2013

Turkey Savior

Well, it's Thanksgiving week, y'all.  YIPPEE, you say.  PIE, you say.

I go, "eh."

Here's the thing, the big kid is thanking sgiving with his significant other's family, and the little one is at his father's for the week, so it's just me and my old parents.  My mama, she offered to cook, but I told her that was dumb.  And now, I fear that I will eat the following on Thanksgiving Day:

1.  One pot of coffee
2.  Three scrambled eggs.
3.  Two Jimmy Dean Sausage Links.
4.  Two frozen waffles (toasted).
5.  3/4 of a package of oreos.

And that, my friends, is both sad and absolutely fine, all at the same time.

Thing is, I really don't care about missing T'giving.  That makes me feel bad, like I'm a goddamn commie red bastard who's unamer'can.

Eh.

I will, however, be doing the following in the next week:
1.  Going obsessively to the gym.  OH THE GYM.  Yes, the gym.  It's free, right now, so I plan to wholly get my money's worth.
2.  Running.  Got two races this week.  What?  Oh, yeah, I meant to type that.  Two.  That's how I roll.  (OMG.)  Seriously, though, it's a little 5K on Thursday morning and a HALF MARATHON on Saturday.

Half.

Marathon.

WHO IS YOUR MAMA NOW?

(i am, i know.)

3.  Knitting.  Because that is what I do.

If I REALLY crave pumpkin pie, I'll buy a pumpkin spice latte one day.  And I heard that Burger King is open on Thanksgiving Day.

It's all good, yo.

Unforutnately THE GYM is closed on Thursday.  But otherwise, it's ALL GOOD.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who are into that sort of thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment