Monday, January 14, 2013

Victim of Rape by the Toyota Dealership. Or so it seems.

I love my car.  I really do.  I drive a little, 2004 Rav 4, it's white, it has 118,000 miles, and it runs.  It runs really well.

But GOD DAMN, when did car parts start getting so expensive?  Like, seriously?  I remember getting my oil changed for $12.  Now it's $36.  And they don't even vacuum the interior.  As if they could get to the floor mats.  I digress.

Today I dropped my car off to get an oil change, and also to have the dealership "fix the check engine light." This will be the third time said car has been into said dealership to fix said light.  We have:  1) put a new cover on the gas cap.  2) changed out the O2 sensor.  Neither of these things worked.  So now, SO NOW, they call me to tell me that I need a new EVAP system.  Know how much that costs?

Guess.

NO YOU ARE WRONG.  $1032.  FOR FUCKING REAL.

Anyway.

So I'm getting it fixed, because my mother loves me, and this is still cheaper than buying a new car, and you know what?  FUCK IT.  FUCK IT ALL.

I think she knows this makes me feel bad about myself, like I personally broke my fucking EVAP system, like I did so on purpose, because she just offered to feed me and my kids dinner.

You bet your ass I want you to feed me dinner.  So let's summarize:

1) My car is not really broken, but my mother is about to drop $1000 into it to make some lights turn off.
2) She feels sorry for me for this, and is going to feed me.

Guess who is a great big winner today?

ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment