Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Party Girl

This weekend was SOOOOOO busy, y'all.  I was busy like Katy Perry.  Or something.  But I felt really good about it.  Check it...

On Friday, I got invited to join my sweet old lady, whom I love, at a very classy party, one of the premier events of the season in this town.  Truth be told, it's a party I have watched from the ground (being that it is on a rooftop) for years, always envying those in attendance.

I wore the itty bitty black dress, again, and I looked foxy.  REALLY.


So did my old lady.
T-Rex says our back-to-back picture is magazine quality.  Not sure about all that, but I looked cute.  So whatevs.

Anyway, I was a little bit nervous until the mother of one of my friends (the girl below, actually) came up to me early-on and said, "I just have to tell you, you look wonderful."  Which was pretty much a night-maker.

Until the same girl's husband used the word "beautiful," that is.  Girl felt HOT.  And I am fully aware that this girl is among the cutest people in the history of time, and yet I let myself be photographed WITH HER.  Because I am both brave and stupid, and had a few beers.

All good.

Anyway.

It was a fun night, and there were lots of fancy people there, and the music was great, and I did not dance in public, so that's a big win-win-win.  Oh, and there was so much (delicious) food that I didn't even get to try all the food I wanted to try, because I got full first.  LAMEASS.

On Saturday, I wasn't really planning on doing anything, but then a friend was all, "hey, you coming to the concert in the park?" and I was all, "okay."  So I did.  Me and the doodlebug, and it was great because they had all of these things that little kids could build and paint and there were alligators they could hold, and everything.  BADASS.  And I like those people, too, and I also, well, looked good.

Here's right after I finished blowing dry my hair.  Mostly, I just want to show off my pretty shoulders and the cool cut of this shirt.  I was making a goofy face.  Forgive me.


I think I might wear that shirt every time I do anything social for the next year.  It was a very cool shirt.

So the weather was PERFECT for an outdoor concert, and the doodle and I had fun.  Me, because I like drinking beer outside.  Him, because there was a nice shady spot for him to sit in while he played with his new Nintendo DS (courtesy of "Nannee 'Lisa, who is nis.").


While he did that, I did this:
Ahhhhh, Louisiane.  I do love you.

So.

On Sunday, of course, we went to church, but then, it was beach time!  And you may or may not know/care, but I recently purchased a bikini, and the beach to which I go is frequented by big fatasses from Mississippi, who wear bikinis, so I figured I would fit in just fine.

And so.

First time my tummy has felt the sun since I was, say, five.

And I got a LOT of sun.

I would say this is pretty much an ideal weekend-before-my-birthday.

I'm turning 37.  People keep guessing 32.  People are terribly nice.

I hope you had a nice weekend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment