Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scaredy cricket.

I'm not afraid of snakes, or spiders.  I'm not afraid of clowns.  I'm not IN LOVE with puppets, but I can deal with them.  I'm a little afraid of robotic toys, especially if they surprise me, but usually I can deal.  I am deathly afraid of driving over bridges, but I do it all the time. 

I am RIDICULOUSLY afraid of birds.  I admit it, that's a phobia, but it stems from the fact that in my old house, birds came inside all the dang time and they were way scary.  Way, way, way, way, way scary.  Scary scary.

(mostly because they were scared.)

But.  I am afraid of certain - not all - bugs.

Namely, the kinds that have hard crunchy shells that you can't really step on because, ohmygod gross.

Like crickets.

Where I work, there is kind of a cricket infestation going on.  They look like this (although I did not take this picture.):

ugh.  sick.

Today, a nice, well-put-together lady is here for a visit, and she was initially sitting near my desk, when I discovered one of these jerkfaces hopping all up under my desk.  Calmly-ish, I called one of the men that work here and said something like, "i need some help right now, thanks!"

He came and removed the offender.  Offender was made to be dead.

Awesome.

I noticed that, in this process, my ethernet cable had come loose.  So I reached down and plugged it back in.  When I came up A BUNCH OF BUG GUTS AND ONE LEG WERE STUCK TO MY HAND.  FOR REAL.

Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew.

This is not okay.

I'm ready for them to spray up some poison.  This is not okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment