Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running Man

Sarah Be My Running Man.

I dig running.

A LOT.

Running sooths my little baby soul that sometimes needs to be taken out for some fresh air.  Running hurts my toes and my ego, but it helps my waistline and my heart. 

I am a terrible runner.  My best time is about a ten minute mile (in a race).  My PR for a 10K is 1:32:47.  That's absurd.

I do not care.

I am currently in training for a half-marathon.  I sincerely hope to finish in under three hours.  In other words, my current marathon pace (if I could run a marathon distance) is 6 hours.  SIX HOURS.

That's not good.

I do not care.

I am working my way through my second pair of legitimate running shoes.  I wear things called "Under Armour" and "Dry Fit."  I have specific socks, just for running.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE running clothes.

I have a watch and an armband for my ipod.

I like to listen to podcasts while I run, particularly Phedippidations.

I read Runner's World (online) and meticulously track my mileage.

I currently own a "shot block."  I haven't eaten it yet.  I am scared.

I've had a cold/strep/bronchitis thing for THREE WEEKS (that's ridiculous.), and that's my excuse for the last few weeks being running nightmares for me right now.  I can barely make it 3 miles without walking.  The times are absurd.  I am anxious to get back in my groove.

In the meantime, this is my foot.  That's my black toe.  I am a runner, and I totally love it.  Black toes and all.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment