Thursday, August 25, 2011

1990's Pop Icon

I have been iTunes starved for about three months, due to the demise of my laptop (thankfully, all my music is on an external hard drive, because my dad is awesome.)  Sooo, I've not had my glorious weekly dose of This American Life or the ability to run along with Stuff You Should Know (pausing to laugh.)  I very much love me some podcasts.

I finally gave up, and since I am The IT Expert at my work (stop laughing.), I decided to bring the good ol' hard drive up to the office and plug 'er up.  And download the 47 episodes of podcasts I've missed.  Oh, and let's go ahead and get an audio book, while we are at it, since I have three credits in Audible.  I know.  What a mess I am.

Anyway, so as a result of this, my entire iTunes library is now just a click or four on my worky computer, and, oh hey!  Some of my music is perhaps not so very much work appropriate.  The "Take Me Home, Country Roads," (the Olivia Newton John version) is fine, as is "Friday, I'm in Love," but there is a good dose of Master P on the ol' Tunitches, and perhaps that is not appropriate to be playing in the reception area of my place d'emploi.

Meep.  Who really cares?  It's quietly playing.

But so here's the thing.  The song "Settling," by Tara McLean was just playing, and I immediately did that time-warp-flashback-thing to when I first heard the song, and suddenly I'm sitting in my room at my apartment and DAWSON* AND JOEY JUST KISSED.

Oh, I hate myself a little right now.

A totally great song, though.  You should check it out.


*I sort of went to high school with Dawson, only we called him James Vandergeek and he played Lil' Abner at our community theater and I kind of had a little crush on him, but I don't like to talk about those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment